Hangzhou (China), Paris (France), 2nd July 2018 – Alibaba Group and Bolloré Group today announced a global partnership agreement in the fields of cloud services, innovation and digital transformation, clean energy and mobility, as well as logistics.
The companies signed an extensive Memorandum of Understanding outlining the areas in which their respective business units and subsidiaries, including Alibaba Cloud, Cainiao Smart Logistic Network, Bolloré Logistics and Blue Solutions, have agreed to cooperate and develop a number of relevant joint projects. In addition, the groups decided to share their expertise and market knowledge to explore new business opportunities, notably in China, Europe and Africa.
Main joint initiatives and projects include:
— Cloud computing and innovation
As part of the agreement, Alibaba Cloud, the computing arm of Alibaba Group, will provide a comprehensive suite of solutions to the Bolloré Group, encompassing cloud computing capabilities, big data, artificial intelligence, content delivery network and security solutions, which will be combined with the knowledge and strength of the Bolloré Group to create joint value proposition.
— Smart and clean mobility, clean energy
- Alibaba Group and Blue Solutions will explore the opportunity to co-develop solutions for Internet electric cars and buses, bringing the Internet experience (voice control, multimedia, navigation and autonomous driving) to the driving experience.
- The two companies will also explore cooperation opportunities in the development of car-sharing solutions in China.
- In an era when sustainability and electricity storage have become major concerns for citizens, cities and governments, the Bolloré Group draws on batteries and electricity storage technologies to deliver solutions for the production, storage and smart consumption of electricity. Alibaba and Bolloré groups will look at the feasibility to implement such clean energy solutions at Alibaba’s data centers worldwide.
- Bolloré Logistics, a global leader in international transport and logistics, number 1 in France and Africa, and among the top 10 players in the world, and Cainiao Smart Logistics Network, the logistics business of Alibaba Group, agreed to work together on identifying cooperation opportunities with their respective logistics capabilities, hubs and networks, in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe.
- The two companies will also share best practices and will look into the development of some joint software and data management solutions.